30-day Raw Diet Challenge

My husband and I have decided to try a 30-day raw diet. If after that 30-days we decide to stay 100% raw, that would be great! Follow and support us along our journey!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 2!

Day 2 is a wonderful day. Sun is shining, wind is blowing, temperature is PERFECT! And best of all? I fit into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in a LONGGG time :)

Breakfast:
Smoothies!
1 orange
1 cup frozen peaches
handful of green grapes
1/4 lime, peeled
1 cup of ice and 1/2 cup water
BLEND! YUMMY!!

Lunch:
You guessed it, another SMOOTHIE!
This time I prepared a green smoothie (will add the name of it later):
3 cups green grapes
1/2 cup broccoli
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 avocado, pealed and pitted
1 cup ice and 1/2 cup water
YUMM!! This was SOOO much better than that tomato one from yesterday :)

I fixed Russ a salad to go with his juice and I had a few bites. The salad consisted of baby spinach, some green onion and sprouts. The dressing is as follows:
1 lime, pealed
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 orange, pealed
1 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted (I used the left over 1/2 from the juice above)
A little Dill and Cayenne seasoning
Blended it up in our Blendtec and BHAM! Awesome dressing! Next time I will use only 1/2 a lime. It was VERY powerful, but good! I had a few bites.

Later I am going to make a "Almost" Cheesecake, some corn tortillas, flax seed crackers and pizza bread!

Snacks:
handful of black grapes
handful of raw almonds

Dinner:
Fettuccini Alfredo!
WOW! Was this ever delicious! I will post the recipe, directions and a picture soon. Who knew eating raw could be this good!! lol

Cheesecake is chilling...can't wait to get to try it!! Seeds are soaking and I'll make the crackers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment