30-day Raw Diet Challenge

My husband and I have decided to try a 30-day raw diet. If after that 30-days we decide to stay 100% raw, that would be great! Follow and support us along our journey!

Friday, February 5, 2010

DAY 1!!

Well, by lunch time we hadn't eaten any cooked foods so we figured, let's call today DAY ONE!! Here's the run down:

Breakfast:
Fruit Smoothie (I made 3 different ones...here's just an example):
1 orange
1 apple (cored)
1 banana
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup water
1 cup ice
BLEND and DRINK! YUM!!

Lunch:
Vegetable Smoothie (I wasn't thrilled with this and will probably never make it again unless my taste buds do some serious changin'!)
3 tomatoes, quartered
1/4 onion
1 medium carrot
1 stalk of celery
1 cup ice
1/2 cup water
BLEND and DRINK! YUCK!
Note: I managed to drink 2 cups of this stuff. Russ drank 2-3 cups and it made about 5.5 cups!

Snack:
This kinda goes against the raw diet thing because the nuts are roasted but I JUST bought them the other night and it is WONDERFUL!!! There is this nut and goji berry mixture/trail mix stuff at Sprouts that is to DIE FOR! I ate maybe 3 handfuls and savored every minute of it. lol I also made some fruit leathers today and tried a piece of each. I think that's it as far as snacking goes! I guess I need to be keeping a food journal - that'd make this a whole lot easier!

Dinner:
We went to dinner at Beets! It's a raw restaurant in Austin. YUMM!!!
I ordered a ELT. This was an awesome sandwich on flat bread with avocado, sprouts, tomato lettuce, some special sauce and best of all, eggplant "bacon"! I have GOT to learn how to make that!!! We also got a salad sampler which was great and to top it all off, we got a chocolate "cheese" cake! I highly recommend this restaurant to ANYONE who would like to get a taste of what eating raw food is all about :)

Can't wait to get started tomorrow! I need to go to the grocery store in the morning for the week...making the grocery list now. Wish me luck!

P.S. Current weight as of Feb 4 is 138. Let the games begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment