30-day Raw Diet Challenge

My husband and I have decided to try a 30-day raw diet. If after that 30-days we decide to stay 100% raw, that would be great! Follow and support us along our journey!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 10!

Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? lol Sorry I haven't kept up with the blog like I wanted to. It's been a busy few days.

Anyway! Russ is down 8lbs in 10 days; his blood pressure is lower than it's been in years (126/86); his energy level is consistent and he says he feels like he's in his 20's again! I think the scale is finally starting to move again, my shoulders feel good and I started a workout routine today. I wasn't going to do it for a few more pounds but figured with the hey. I'm down to 134lbs based on my scale. We'll see what Erika's scale says Thursday night (Biggest Loser weigh-in night).

We ate great all weekend. I've been busy writing a paper so my brain is mush but I'll recap today's food intake:

Breakfast:
The usual - fruit smoothie

Lunch:
This was "eat whatever is left in the fridge" day. We had yellow squash spaghetti, avocados, red onion, mung bean sprouts, spinach leaves and Braggs sauce all on a collard green leaf wrap! Sounds weird or disgusting but it was OUTSTANDING!!

Dinner:
Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms - these were good and I don't even LIKE Mushrooms!
I've only had Portabello Mushrooms twice in my lifetime - once last week and once today. THEY DON'T TASTE LIKE MUSHROOMS! These ones were great. We've become addicted to Braggs Liquid Aminos. It's kind of like Soy Sauce, but it's raw, unprocessed and uncooked. I fixed some guacamole (avocado, onion, tomato and a little salt), laid the mushroom on a plate stem up, poured a little Braggs on the mushroom and a little on the plate to help marinate the mushroom, then "stuffed" it with the guacamole! It was delicious!!

For desert Caley fixed us some uncooked brownies! They were DELICIOUS! I have no idea where she found the recipe but I'll definitely post it here once I find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment